As in the Henry James quotation, a photograph with leading line is a strong composition.
In addition to diagonals and "S" curves you should look for other lines and shapes that can be used in the composition. In the photo on the left, "Open Door" taken at Bent's Fort, Colorado, the floor, wall, timber pillars and rear wall form trapezoids and draws the viewer's eye to the open door.
Skylines of cities are a myriad of rectangular shapes. This skyline view of downtown Houston is a composition of vertical lines.
This photo of the Allen Center Sky-bridge is a mixture of vertical, horizontal and round shapes.
Jones Plaza at night reveals a mass of lines, shapes, and colors.
Allen Center Sky-bridge's circular shape makes it own composition as the viewer's eye moves around and around the structure.
My purpose in writing this blog is to pass on tips, information, suggestions, about photography and Nikon equipment that I have learned in the last 44 years. I have been involved with photography since 1967 when I was in the USAF at Bitburg Air Base in W. Germany. I have processed B&W, color slide film, and came kicking and screaming into the digital age. I have used Nikon cameras and lenses since 1985 and currently use a D3s and D200 and a variety of lenses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment