Logo Camera Straps
I purchased a Nikon D3s several months ago. It is an expensive camera. If you put a Nikon lens on it, add two 16 GB memory cards, it's value shoots up over $6000. It makes a tempting target of thieves. My wife and I travel extensively and I refuse to leave the D3s at home. The camera box comes with a really nice carrying strap which has embroidered in the nylon, Nikon D3s. It is the one thing I did not attach to the camera body. I bought a plain black neoprene strap and attached it.
This is what I mean about advertising to the world that you're carrying an expensive camera.
I consider a photo vest an essential tool when traveling. It not only carries extra batteries, memory cards, flash light, filter, etc. but it acts as a visual shield when I'm walking down the street. I carry my camera across the shoulder and the vest covers the strap and camera. I only take the camera out when I'm going to take a picture and it goes right back under the vest after the shutter is pressed.
Sideview of carrying an expensive camera. My wife suggested that I get some black tape and cover the Nikon logo on the lens cap. She's absolutely right.
Insurance
I have a separate rider policy for my camera equipment on my home-owner's insurance policy. It is relatively inexpensive and covers everything.
Carry-On Bags and Traveling
I have traveled with a Lowe Pro roller and everything I use can go inside this bag. I was reminded that when we go back to France this year and travel on Baboo Airlines that my bag is not going to fit international standards. I bought a small Swiss Army carry-on, lined it with foam insert and I can carry everything in this bag.
You always want to remain vigilant and be aware of your surroundings, who is around you. Don't make your-self a target by advertising what you have. Stay safe.
My purpose in writing this blog is to pass on tips, information, suggestions, about photography and Nikon equipment that I have learned in the last 44 years. I have been involved with photography since 1967 when I was in the USAF at Bitburg Air Base in W. Germany. I have processed B&W, color slide film, and came kicking and screaming into the digital age. I have used Nikon cameras and lenses since 1985 and currently use a D3s and D200 and a variety of lenses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment